- Clinical Performance
- Master of Business Administration, St. Francis University
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Georgetown University
Barbara Bryan, a Managing Director of Prism Healthcare Partners LTD, has over 20 years of experience guiding hospitals, health systems and academic medical centers through comprehensive performance improvement initiatives. A veteran healthcare consultant, Barbara specializes in process improvement, patient flow, management tool development and critical analysis of potential improvements in cost, quality and service.
Barbara is a nationally recognized industry expert in patient flow and business-process operational improvement, and she is frequently asked to share her knowledge through articles and presentations for distinguished industry associations and publications. Prior to joining Prism Healthcare Partners, Barbara was an executive at a healthcare technology company and founded an independent healthcare consulting firm. She also served as a national service line leader in patient throughput and capacity management for a global consulting firm.
- Managed large client engagements, including for high profile Academic Medical Centers, with a focus on deliverables that met or exceeded client expectations.
- Developed consulting services to complement an enterprise-wide patient throughput software solution.
- Directed the development of a service line focused on patient throughput and capacity management organization and process improvement.
- Founded a successful independent performance improvement consulting firm.
- Vice President of Consulting, MEDHOST
- President and CEO, Bryan Advisory Group
- Vice President of Patient Flow Consulting, Eclipsys Corporation
- Director, Navigant Consulting
- Executive Vice President / Founding Partner, Invalesco Group, Inc.
- “The Key Components to Implement Successful Hospital Wide Throughput to Optimize Patient Flow Management,” 2015 Patient Flow Management Congress (June 2015)
- “Streamlined Patient Flow: The Foundation for Care and Financial Improvements,” 2014 HIMSS Conference (February 2014)
- “Making Cents, Sense from Managing Waste Streams,” Healthcare Purchasing News (December 2011)
- “Keep ‘em Moving: Nine EVS Strategies to Help Improve Patient Flow,” Health Facilities Management Magazine (October 2009)
- “Changing Processes to Have the Greatest Impact on Patient Flow,” Eclipsys User Network Annual Outcomes Conference (October 2009)
- “Working with Physicians to Improve Patient Throughput,” Healthcare Executive Magazine (September/October 2006)
- “Physician Issues in Improving Throughput, Length of Stay, and Cost per Case,” ACHE Congress on Healthcare Management (2006)