- Performance Improvement
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Miami University (Ohio)
- Master of Business Administration, Finance, Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- Certified Public Accountant, Illinois
David M. Shade
David M. Shade is a co-founder and Chairman of Prism Healthcare Partners LTD. David is a visionary healthcare executive with a forty year history of helping a wide range of community hospitals and academic medical centers improve their bottom lines, and he has played a leadership role in building the healthcare practices of a number of consulting firms.
Prior to founding Prism, David served as the President and COO of Huron Consulting, the CEO and founder of Wellspring Partners and as a partner in the Healthcare Practice of Ernst & Young. In addition, he served as CEO of two healthcare valuation services firms.
- Served hundreds of healthcare clients to help them downsize, resize, reorganize, recruit executive talent, implement cost accounting and patient accounting, establish quality improvement and case mix management systems, design and implement physician incentive compensation systems, and develop strategies.
- Gained national recognition as an early pioneer in the development of cost accounting principles and techniques for hospitals.
- Turned around several troubled firms in the private sector with demonstrated effectiveness in working in complex environments involving multiple constituencies where time is of the essence.
- Founder and CEO, Wellspring Partners
- President and COO, Huron Consulting
- Partner in Healthcare Practice, Ernst & Young
- Combat Officer, 101st Airborne Division, United States Army
- "6 thoughts from David Shade, CEO of Prism Healthcare Partners," Becker's Hospital Review (October 2015)
- Member, Miami University Board of Trustees
- President, Miami University Foundation
- President, Union League Club of Chicago