- Interim Management
- Bachelor of Science, University of Texas at Austin
- Certified Public Accountant, California
Janice James is a co-founder and Managing Partner of Prism Healthcare Partners LTD. She has more than 35 years of management and consulting experience, with an emphasis in healthcare finance and operations across the provider and payer arenas. Known for her expertise in the U.S. healthcare industry, Janice has served as a CEO and interim CEO for multi-state health systems and health plans, successfully leading them through transformation, growth and change.
Janice has a history of successfully leading healthcare performance improvement projects, which have yielded upwards of $100 million in annual recurring benefits. Earlier in her career, she served as CFO for multi-hospital divisions with both for-profit and non-profit hospital corporations and health systems. In addition, Janice has held several leadership positions within the HMO industry, including CEO, CFO and operations vice president.
- Successfully led and contributed to numerous financial and operational turnaround efforts in the hospital and HMO industry. Extensive hands-on experience with various financial and accounts receivable systems in hospitals, including achieving less than 50 net days in accounts receivable.
- Past member of the American College of Healthcare Executive faculty, where she taught a course on managed care contracting and capitation risk mitigation and management.
- Conducted strategic planning, auditing, operations improvement, computer system conversions and marketing studies across the United States.
- Negotiated hundreds of managed care contracts resulting in improved reimbursement.
- Principal, Wellspring Partners
- CEO, Sisters of Providence Health System for SelectCare and Washington Health Plans
- CFO, PeaceHealth, Sacred Heart Health System
- Manager, Ernst & Young
- AVP-HCA West (80 hospitals), Hospital Corporation of American (HCA), as well as other roles with EQUICOR, a joint venture between HCA and Equitable
- VP-Healthcare Operations, EQUICOR (now CIGNA), among other positions during 15-year tenure with HCA
- Auditor, KPMG
- "Key Thoughts on Financial Strategy and Planning," Becker's Hospital Review 5th Annual CEO + CFO Roundtable (November 2016)