- Master of Business with honors, Southern Illinois University
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Industrial Engineering, with a minor in Mathematics, Southern Illinois University
- Medical Group Management Association
Tim Ogonoski is a Managing Director of Prism Healthcare Partners LTD. He has more than 25 years of experience working with large-scale hospitals, clinical practices and academic medical centers to improve productivity and financial performance, increase revenues, streamline facility and clinical practice planning, and enhance information technology use and support.
Tim is an expert in physician operations with significant experience leading revenue enhancement, patient access improvement, funds flow, compensation planning, physician productivity and physician strategy engagements. He has implemented more than 30 physician compensation models and led more than 50 physician acquisition and revenue cycle provider due diligence efforts. Tim has also led business process outsourcing engagements in both large academic and hospital-owned physician groups that consolidated IT, revenue cycle and EMR operations, resulting in increased revenue while reducing expenses for each area.
- Led a patient access and provider productivity project for a large integrated healthcare system in the Midwest, reducing patient access delay by more than 30% and increasing profitability by more than $6 million annually.
- Implemented a hospitalist program redesign that identified correct provider to patient levels; clarified roles, responsibilities and goals; and increased patient throughput by 20%.
- Led the Physician Services initiatives for a 340B opportunity assessment and implementation at two children’s hospitals in the South, resulting in a 34% increase in profit margin.
- Developed funds flow methodology for a large academic medical center that identified millions of dollars of cost and productivity opportunities with no additional physician recruitment.
- Identified and implemented over $20 million in patient access and physician revenue opportunities at a large pediatric academic medical center.
- Implemented a sources-and-uses paradigm in a cancer hospital and aligned the physician group to reduce physician and mid-level provider expenses by 30% while simultaneously increasing billable encounters.
- Established billing office productivity measurement tools and transaction edits at a large multi-specialty practice, increasing revenue more than 20% annually.
- Managing Director, Huron Healthcare Consulting
- Managing Partner, AsquaredM Consulting
- Vice President, IDX/General Electric Healthcare
- Executive Director Business Affairs, Washington University
- “Health system and physician group alignment: The strategies that don’t work — and those that do," Becker's Hospital Review (July 2017)
- “The healthcare executive’s 2-minute read on priorities in 2017: Physician operations, clinical performance, physician engagement and clinical integration," Becker's Hospital Review (June 2017)
- "5 questions to ask that will improve patient access, revenue," MGMA Connection (October 2015)